[geos-devel] PSC Vote: Host geos.osgeo.org on GH pages

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Aug 23 10:59:22 PDT 2021

> You guys hate the evil GitHub empire, but the way to do this is to create
> GitHub action that pushes the site whenever  the branch that contains the
> active docs is pushed. See PROJ, PDAL, GDAL, and others for examples of
this
> pattern working successfully for large projects.
>
> A cron on some random computer somewhere with cached credentials is
> fragile, brittle, tied to the person who knows the details of it, and
probably
> insecure.
>
> Howard

[Regina Obe]
Howard -- I don't know who you are thinking of.  I don't hate the Github
empire.  I just don't want all my eggs in the github empire.
I'm fine with some (even a lot) of my eggs in there, just not all.
Preferably I'd like only eggs that are easy to shift in there.

Yes I harbor a certain (I'd like to think, healthy dose) of distrust for
corporations but that is not to say I won't accept an easy opportunity that
is easy to opt out of later.
This one is pretty easy to opt out of cause we own geos.osgeo.org so we can
easily change our minds later if things don't quite work out.

Thanks,
Regina