[geos-devel] 3.9.1 Release?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Feb 9 15:56:09 PST 2021

I'd like to release 3.9.1 tomorrow. Some important fixes have piled up.

- Bug fixes / improvements:
  - Windows memory management quirk in createPolygon CAPI (#1050, Paul Ramsey)
  - Allow build on Apple ARM64 (Taras Zakharko)
  - Fix buffer to use largest enclosed area for invalid rings (#732, Paul Ramsey)
  - Preserve ordering of lines in overlay results (Martin Davis)
  - Fix overlay handling of flat interior lines (JTS-685, Martin Davis)

That last one is quite a nasty one, do take a look. The fact that we have a major correctness issue argues for quick release.

https://github.com/libgeos/geos/issues/408

Also I think getting the M1 Apple support out will be useful for our bleeding edge buddies (and maybe I want to buy one of those things, just sayin').

+1 from me