[geos-devel] Backporting geosop?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Feb 23 16:14:17 PST 2021

Martin Davis <mtnclimb at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm thinking about committing back-ported versions of geosop to 3.9, 3.8
> and 3.7.
>
> Any objections?  And any further objections if I don't bother with the
> autotools build setup?

The pkgsrc packge for geos is at at 3.9.1, which I think is current, and
is using configure.

I really don't follow your question.  Has there been a formal withdrawal
of the autotools build?  If so, then it follows that it is not supported
and presumably would be removed.  If not, it seems out of the question
to commit something that doesn't work right with it.   And, it would
seem very surprising to withdraw a build system on a stable branch.

Looking, 3.9.1's INSTALL says autotools works.   So committing something
to the 3.9 branch that breaks that seems not ok.

I feel like I must be missing something.