[geos-devel] RFC7: Discontinue use of autotools

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Jan 8 09:29:38 PST 2021

> On Jan 8, 2021, at 9:25 AM, Daniel Baston <dbaston at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think the question we need to resolve is whether, after 11 years of working with and 5 years of officially supporting two build systems, we need to continue to spend developer effort maintaining both systems in order to accommodate those preferences.

I agree. I can think of only one further technical task, which is ensuring that the outputs of the cmake 'make dist' target are run through to 'make check' in CI. Being able to bundle a release via 'make dist' is a very handy thing and makes 'tag to release automatically' a potential CI target which would also be nice.

P.