[geos-devel] RFC7: Discontinue use of autotools

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Jan 9 05:33:37 PST 2021

On 2021-01-08 6:10 p.m., Sandro Santilli wrote:

> As for cross-platform features, that I recall Windows is the only
> platform that we've had reports of build problems (for MingW not
> being evidently easy to setup - this Regina can say more about).

For MS4W (a huge user-base) I've been using Cmake for GEOS for years in
the builds for Windows users, without issues.

That said, I maintain Nmake files for many projects (as they moved to
Cmake and suddenly Windows support breaks), so it's not always easy for
a project to support Windows, even with Cmake (black-box) magic.

But the magic works for GEOS! ha.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: MapServer Consulting and Training Services