[geos-devel] 3.10.0beta2

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Oct 1 18:10:52 PDT 2021

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:

> Here it is incorporating Sebs feedback, I'm going to try and be pretty
> aggressive about pushing new packages so there's always something worth
> testing against.

Thanks.  From my viewpoint a new tarball every time there's a signficant
fix is good.

> http://download.osgeo.org/geos/geos-3.10.0beta2.tar.bz2

Converting my build to cmake worked much better than I expected.

Relative to NEWS I see a few things I don't follow:

  a bunch of API withdrawals, I think.

  include/geos.h is no longer installed

and more seriously, running tests fails because it apparently doesn't
use the built-but-not-installed libraries.

I'll say  this again more coherently tomorrow or Sunday.