[geos-devel] 3.10.0beta2

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Oct 6 16:21:04 PDT 2021

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:

> On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 4:07 PM Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Also, the tests are broken for me.   Running make check fails
>> > completely, and I find in the log:
>
> Everything works fine in MacOS, I don't have access to a broken platform to
> try things out on...

Thanks for looking into this.

> Sparrow:~/Code/geos-git-build pramsey% otool -L bin/test_geos_unit
> bin/test_geos_unit:
> @rpath/libgeos_c.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
> 1.16.0)
> @rpath/libgeos.3.10.0.dylib (compatibility version 3.10.0, current version
> 3.10.0)
> /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
> 800.7.0)
> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
> 1281.0.0)
>
> The file diffs all look reasonable to me. Some classes were added, a few
> were removed.

Do you mean that if you

  have geos 3.9 installed in the system, in some prefix

  you build 3.10 with that same prefix -- as if you are building an
  updated package

  you run the tests in the 3.10 dir, before you have installed the
  newpackage

that the tests find the 3.10 not-installed libs and do not find the
installed version?

Are you or someone else able to try this on Linux or FreeBSD?

I wonder if anyone knows if there is a mechanism that intends to allow
this to work, as I don't see how it would with specific effort.

I will test with pkgsrc on Mac (prefix /opt/pkg).