[geos-devel] 3.10.0beta2

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Oct 12 07:17:46 PDT 2021

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 07:53:53PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> So far it feels to me like the cmake setup is in general unsound; nobody
> has been able to point out a mechanism by which it is supposed to do
> testing right.

I feel your pain (I really miss autoconf too), anyway I thought I'd add
this info to the discussion. On an Ubuntu 20.10, I get RUNPATH set to
the build dir, for the tests:

  $ objdump -x bin/test_geos_unit | grep RUNPATH
  RUNPATH              /usr/local/src/geos/geos/build/main/lib

Same RUNPATH for all binaries under <builddir>/bin, while upon `make
install` all the installed binaries do not have the RUNPATH anymore.