[geos-devel] 3.10.0rc1

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Oct 15 10:43:45 PDT 2021

Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> writes:

>> So this script could perhaps
>>
>>   print out that autoconf has been removed and that one must use cmake
>>
>>   print out a hint that "cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/foo" is a
>>   replacement for ./configure --prefix=/usr/foo
>>
>>   exit with status 1, so that any well-written script/package stuff will
>>   fail
>
> That script is mine.
>
> I would love to still use ./configure as the switches I use are...
> well, none (and --prefix, for running your test).
>
> Right now you DO get the WARNING printed, and I think you get a
> failure if you pass any unsupported switch, is that not enough ?

It's likely that environment vairables are treated differently, but I
don't really care personally.  I maintain my own build scripts, one for
each package, and pkgsrc will switch.  So it's just that I think it's
unhelpful for the next person, but I can see your point that there are
people for whom it is helpful.

So I change my comment to "abstain'.