[geos-devel] 3.10.0rc2

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Oct 16 07:17:28 PDT 2021

> Just for the record, the increased CMake version requirement is not met on
> Ubuntu bionic.
>
>  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cmake
>
> Only focal will be able to have geos backports via the UbuntuGIS PPA.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas
>
> --
>  GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
> Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1
[Regina Obe]
Okay that sucks :(
Looking at the story on debian
Bullseye (11) appears to be at 3.18.4 (fine)
Buster  (10) 3.13.4  (barely good enough)
Stretch already doesn't have the minimum so guess we don't care

Still though I feel few people will try to be compiling geos on older
platforms so still think it's worth the cmake version upgrade.

Thanks,
Regina