[geos-devel] GEOS RFC 10 - Move Project to GitHub

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Oct 30 14:37:59 PDT 2021

Hi,

as an occasional contributor, I'm fully supportive.

What is the intent of the "Web scraping the Trac ticket contents and
placing in a geos-old-tickets repo" ? (I assume you mean a github repo).
To have a "backup" of the Trac content that is easily browsable by
non-Trac users ? That repository would be read-only ?

FWIW, what we did in GDAL is to *not* port existing Trac tickets, just
disable creation of new Trac tickets, but authenticated users can still
modify / close existing ones.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com