[geos-devel] [Mobilitydb-dev] Problem with ST_FrechetDistance in PostGIS/GEOS

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:08:59 PDT 2021

Well, it looks like there is a possible bug in the GEOS
DiscreteFrechetDistance class.  This line:

https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/geos/geos/src/branch/main/src/algorithm/distance/DiscreteFrechetDistance.cpp#L112

should probably be

       ca[i][j] = p_ptDist;

And indeed that gives the expected answer of 3.

Working on a fix now, and will file a GEOS issue.