[geos-devel] GDAL>GEOS development funding priorities

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 07:05:22 PST 2022

> Do you build a shared library? If so, limit what you export to what you
> want to be your API. Don't document anything else.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something in what you're asking.

I don't think you're missing anything, and these are routes we could take.
I am inclined to look for a solution that flags "stable" methods but
doesn't actually prevent the user from using methods not flagged as such.
For example, we could flag all non-stable methods in such a way that a
compiler warning is generated unless the user has defined
"USE_NON_STABLE_API" or whatever it's called. But since the unstable
methods will greatly outnumber the stable ones, it would be nice to have
something that didn't require us to put an extra directive all over the
place.

Dan