[geos-devel] PSC Resignation

Dale Lutz dale.lutz at safe.com
Thu Feb 17 17:48:53 PST 2022

Hello GEOS friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I request to be removed from the GEOS PSC.
The reasons are twofold — I'm at a stage in my career that I'm as good as I
once was (though I'm as good once as I've ever was) -- I digress, but
seriously, I'm no longer doing active development of any kind so my
opinions would be suspect.  And secondly, at Safe we no longer are making
use of GEOS directly.

That said, I'll continue to cheer on from the sidelines and do what I can
to support ongoing GEOS efforts (like being happy that some of our GDAL
funding may end up helping here), because I believe a solid GEOS is a very
good thing for the community at large, and the world quite frankly.

Thanks all for the amazing progress you've made over these past 15 or 20
years(!), and I look forward to seeing  what the future holds.

Dale