[geos-devel] GEOS support for Visual Studio 2015

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 16:18:32 PST 2022

Hi,

Not for the first time, I've been testing some code changes that work in
all of our CI environments except for Visual Studio 2015. We recently
removed support for gcc 4.8 and I'm wondering if we should consider
removing support for MSVC 2015 in the same release. Like gcc 4.8, MSVC 2015
lacks 100% C++11 support. It also requires us to maintain an AppVeyor CI
setup solely for this compiler. Is there any particular interest in this
compiler, or can we remove it and save some effort implementing workarounds?

Dan