[geos-devel] GEOS C API for Polygonal Coverage operations?

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:30:29 PDT 2022

> But not sure how much extra overhead or difficulty that would cause for
> other projects consuming such a new type.

It would be the same difficulty/overhead as creating a GeometryCollection
instead of passing around an array of geometries or creating an Envelope
instead of working with arrays of four doubles. In other words, negligible.
We're just saying "this isn't a random array of polygons, it's a set that
has some special properties."

Dan