[geos-devel] End of Life Policy (EOL)

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Sep 12 08:20:17 PDT 2022

> On Sep 12, 2022, at 8:12 AM, Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
>
> I'd like to make an RFC proposing a standardish End of Like Policy
>
> Does anyone have an issue with that?

Only insofar as there's this idea that we support any particular version at all. Honestly, there are some bugs I just cannot be bothered to try and fix (anything overlay pre 3.9, right? the fix there is to upgrade) but at the same time, I don't really mind pulling back trivial stuff pretty far. What does it mean to "support" this stuff anyways? Comes right down to it, if a paying customer on 3.4 has an issue and is unable to upgrade, we'll break our fingers to try and fix it. But that has to do with our corporate support, not some community commitment to support.

???