[geos-devel] Writing a wrapper around LibGEOS

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Apr 6 04:09:34 PDT 2023

On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 02:38:47PM -0600, Graham Toal wrote:

> So I'll continue to potter on working on an interface layered on top of
> your package (which is pretty good - the best of all the ones I've looked
> at, that support calling from C) and if any of the GEOS developers find
> anything I'm working on useful in the future then maybe you'll revisit the
> suggestion of adding curves.

FYI: the rttopo library is a fork of a library internally used by
PostGIS to provide various algorithms on geographic datatypes
including curves. The library does call into GEOS for many algorithms,
in which case the curves are flattened out and re-curved on output.

I'm mentioning this because librttopo is written in C, using the GEOS
C-API and some function written "there" (really in the parent code)
eventually migrated into GEOS itself (MakeValid), even if the
intendend scope is more about "topology".

More info here:

    https://strk.kbt.io/projects/rttopo

--strk;

  Libre GIS consultant/developer