[geos-devel] Fedora 38 GCC 13 3.11.2 build failure

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Apr 26 04:34:09 PDT 2023

Paul,

Forking the repo with all branches and cloning locally, I can build and ctest 3.11 and 3.10 successfully with gcc 13; this seems to agree with https://github.com/libgeos/geos/issues/860. 3.9 seems to have many problems beyond the header patched by that issue when using gcc 13, and probably will need someone who knows the code well to make progress. I wouldn't dare try to add the now missing #include <cstdint> where it seems to be needed. I tried -DCMAKE_CXX_STANDARD=98 and 11 without success. Sorry not to be more help.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
Emeritus Professor