[geos-devel] 3.12.0beta1

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Jun 7 17:26:40 PDT 2023

If I install the 3.12.0beta1 package, then the tests pass.  So there is
a bug, but it is that the tests appaprently refer to installed files,
rather than being controlled to use only files in the build tree.  This
requires alternate rpath processing, etc., and in the autoconf world is
usually handled by libtool relinking at install time.

Therefore, I have no reason to think 3.12.0beta1 is more troubled than
any previous release -- this is likely not a regression.

My only question then about 3.12.0beta1 is if the comings-and-goings
diff of .h files is what the authors intend.

I am kicking off a process to rebuild everything that depends on geos
(that I have installed, but that extends all the way to postis and
qgis).