[geos-devel] 3.12.0beta1

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Jun 8 08:42:00 PDT 2023

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:

>> On Jun 7, 2023, at 5:26 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
>>
>> If I install the 3.12.0beta1 package, then the tests pass.  So there is
>> a bug, but it is that the tests appaprently refer to installed files,
>> rather than being controlled to use only files in the build tree.
>
> We had this out last release, it’s specific to a particular OS. Happy to look over a cmake patch.
>
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2022-June/010723.html

I didn't remember anything from the last release...

Are you saying that on every other OS, including some other BSD, that if
one has installed to a prefix not in the default search paths, and has
the old version installed, and runs the tests after building the new
version, that they succeed?  I did not absorb that from reading the
archives.

I am not particularly skilled at cmake, but I did find a note (that I
managed not to read this time) that the problem is misordering RPATH
args, so that the rpath passed in from a packaging system that says to
find any depending libs in $prefix/lib happens before the special test
rpath that says to get libs from something like builddir/lib.  If that's
true, this isn't OS specific (and is a regression from the autotools
build).

But I understand where you are coming from as ENOPATCH.