Committers + EvenR

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jul 17 11:12:03 PDT 2024

> > > Indeed.  Obviously we should call it "pusher".
> >
> > How about core team? Pusher sounds so druggy.
>
> What makes having write access to the repository any different from being
> "maintainer" ? Roles would then be:
>
>   1. PSC
>   2. Co-Maintainer
>   3. Contributor (contributed commits, pushed by others)
>
> --strk;
>
>   Libre GIS consultant/developer
>   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html
A matter of semantics I guess.  In my mind Co-Maintainer defines a higher
level of commitment than
Core Contributor.

So I would have:

1. PSC - May or may not have direct rights to push changes to the repo, but
manages the direction of the project
2. Co-Maintainer - is generally one on the PSC who manages the release
cycle, triages tickets, takes patches from other users etc
3. Core contributor/developer - has rights to push changes to the repo, but
may only be interested in what they are interested in and could care less
about triaging anything but their stuff. But we trust enough to do no harm.
3. Contributor (contributed commits, pushed by others)

In my mind - Even R is a Core Contributor, but not a Co-Maintainer.
I would actually only consider Paul, Dan, and Martin as Co-Maintainers

Thanks,
Regina