[Geotiff] remotesensing.org / Mailman

geotiff-admin at remotesensing.org geotiff-admin at remotesensing.org
Tue Apr 13 12:58:21 PDT 2004

Folks,

The remotesensing.org system suffered a hardware failure late last week.
Jeff Largent managed to switch in a mirror system and after a bit of struggle
all systems seem to be working again (CVS, web, ftp, bugzilla, and mailman).
However, rather than reset-up the majordomo mailing list software used for
a couple of the oldest lists, I decided to migrate this list to mailman.

Mailman should give better privacy protection options, and easier web based
management.  As well, having only one list manager simlifies my life.

Let me know (directly) if anyone runs into problems with the new mailing
list configuration, or remotesensing.org.

Best regards,