[Geotiff] error using geotifcp

geotiff-admin at remotesensing.org geotiff-admin at remotesensing.org
Mon Apr 26 13:39:41 PDT 2004

I'm trying to use the listgeo and geotifcp routines from libgeotiff
to edit some tags in geotiff images I'm producing with RSI's ENVI
software (following a suggestion from Tim Rupe of the USGS).

 From my geotiff image (envi_sp1_test.tif) I export the tags to an
ascii text file (metadata.txt) using listgeo, and then edit that file
(specifically, I'm changing GeogLinearUnitsGeoKey and
ProjLinerarUnitsGeoKey from Linear_Foot to Linear_Foot_US_Survey)

I then try to create  a new geotiff file inserting the new tags using:

geotifcp -g metadata.txt envi_sp1_test.tif envi_sp1_survft_test.tif

but I get the following error:

'arsing Error at 'ModelTypeProjected
Failure in GTIFImport

Its failing on the first of the Keyed_Information fields.  Any
suggestions as to what might be going wrong?

The edited metadata.txt file is appended below.

I'm running Mac OS X  10.3.3.

I'm using /geotiff/libgeotiff/geotiff-bin-114-macos10.1.tar.gz
downloaded from ftp.remotesensing.org.  That was the latest OS X
version I saw at the site.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave Harding

Output from listgeo (after editing the two UnitGeoKey tags):

Geotiff_Information:
    Version: 1
    Key_Revision: 1.0
    Tagged_Information:
       ModelTiepointTag (2,3):
          0                0                0
          6161286          2006454          0
       ModelPixelScaleTag (1,3):
          6                6                0
       End_Of_Tags.
    Keyed_Information:
       GTModelTypeGeoKey (Short,1): ModelTypeProjected
       GTRasterTypeGeoKey (Short,1): RasterPixelIsArea
       GeogLinearUnitsGeoKey (Short,1): Linear_Foot_US_Survey
       GeogAngularUnitsGeoKey (Short,1): Angular_Degree
       ProjectedCSTypeGeoKey (Short,1): PCS_NAD83_California_2
       ProjLinearUnitsGeoKey (Short,1): Linear_Foot_US_Survey
       End_Of_Keys.
    End_Of_Geotiff.

PCS = 26942 (name unknown)
Projection = 10432 ()