[Geotiff] Geotiff creation in Java

Niles Ritter ritter at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 16 08:09:01 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 08:07 -0700, Anselm Schmieder wrote:
> I would like to create geotiff images with my code in java.
> [...] I found Niles Ritters geotiff-jai.jar at SourceForge, but I
> could not find any documentation
> like an object model doc about it.

It has been four or five years since I updated that code; I think
it was written against a slightly older JAI interface than is used
in the current SDK. I think there is some example code in the project,
and I used the library to build a web map-server for a NASA contract,
so I'm pretty sure the library works with the old SDK. I'll dig around
to see if I have any examples.

I'm not really in the Mapping biz these days, so if anyone else has
been able to upgrade the old java JAI libraries for the latest SDK,
we could put the new version into sourceforge.

--
Niles Ritter <ndr123 at earthlink.net>