[Geotiff] geotiff_i.lib not being created

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 13:49:48 PST 2004

Thom,

I am not sure why you have this problem.  I seem to have a pretty stock form
of makefile.vc and the library portion of my build looks like the following,and
makes the geotiff_i.lib:

        lib /out:geotiff.lib xtiff.obj  geo_free.obj  geo_get.obj  geo_names.obj
  geo_new.obj  geo_print.obj  geo_set.obj  geo_tiffp.obj  geo_write.obj  geo_ext
ra.obj  geo_trans.obj  geo_normalize.obj  geotiff_proj4.obj  cpl_csv.obj  cpl_se
rv.obj
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 7.00.9466

        link /dll /out:geotiff.dll /implib:geotiff_i.lib xtiff.obj  geo_free.obj
  geo_get.obj  geo_names.obj  geo_new.obj  geo_print.obj  geo_set.obj  geo_tiffp
.obj  geo_write.obj  geo_extra.obj  geo_trans.obj  geo_normalize.obj  geotiff_pr
oj4.obj  cpl_csv.obj  cpl_serv.obj ..\libtiff\libtiff\libtiff_i.lib
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 7.00.9466

   Creating library geotiff_i.lib and object geotiff_i.exp

Can you see anything different in what your build does?  This is VS.NET
2002 apparently.  So a bit out of date, but at least the same generation as
what you would be running.

Best regards,