[Geotiff] satellites projection in geotiff

gilad ronnen gronnen at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 13:02:49 PDT 2004

Hello, I am sorry if this question was already on
the list in past, but I could not find it
on the archives.

I have details for eumetsat satellites that is like:
fov=18 deg, altitude of  satellite from earth's
center= 42164.0, oblate = 1.0 / 298.257, and
 the satellite is over lon=0, lat=0 (other
satellites are in different lon/lat with same
parameters), pixel res = 2500x2500 (might be
partial resolution as well)

My question is if there is a projection supported
by geotiff that takes these parameters in account,
for satellite projecton.
Any pointers to something similar are welcom :)

Thanks and regards
    Gilad