[Geotiff] Get one part out of the GeoTIFF Image

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 27 10:18:48 PDT 2004

StefanReisser at t-online.de wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a DEM and want to get the part out of the GeoTIFF Image that
> perfectly matches the DEM.
> Is it possible to specify the corners of the part in UTM coordinates and
> then extract the corresponding pixels out of the image?

Stefan,

You can't do this with libtiff and libgeotiff directly.  You might want to
look at higher level libraries such as GDAL though even there you will need
to compute the appropriate pixe/line window to load.  But at least GDAL
provides an API to pull out a specific window.

I would add that you could build what you want on top of libtiff and libgeotiff.

Best regards,