[Geotiff] Converting SRTM (hgt) format into geoTIFF

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at 3dnature.com
Fri Jul 30 12:36:52 PDT 2004

Kashif Munir wrote:
>  Hello GeoTIFF Community
> Does anyone know how to convert SRTM (hgt) into GeoTIFF format?
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

   GDAL might be able to do this.

   My next question would be, why? There may be more solutions to your problem
that lay outside the bounds of the actual question you asked. What are you trying
to accomplish?

--
      Chris 'Xenon' Hanson | Xenon @ 3D Nature | http://www.3DNature.com/
  "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs,