[Geotiff] finding libtiff / libgeotiff

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:47:43 PDT 2005

On 8/24/05, Ken Boss <Ken.Boss at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:
> Hi folks--
>
> Just FYI, it is currently a bit difficult to locate these libs for download.  Nearly any link out there on the net for libtiff or libgeotiff ultimately leads to http://www.remotesensing.org, which appears now to be defunct (though ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/ still works, it is not frequently a link target on external pages).
>
> Is anyone able to redirect those www.remotesensing.org addresses?

Ken,

They are available at:

  http://www.remotesensing.org/websites/geotiff
  http://geotiff.maptools.org/

The remote sensing admin is fixing up the remotesensing.org
location, so it should be back where it belongs shortly.

ftp.remotesensing.org is actually hostead on www.gdal.org,
so I can directly control and ensure it stays up.  The GeoTIFF
(and libtiff) main websites and bugzillas are not under my
direct administration.

Best regards,