[Geotiff] Two versions of CSVGetField

John Johnson jdjohnso at google.com
Thu Oct 6 13:46:30 PDT 2005

> > So my questions are: Why are there two versions? Which is supposed to be
> > called from which context?
>
> I contributed the incode version. It has probably bitrotted a bit. The
> intent was for portable binaries where you didn't want to also have to
> distribute a directory of helper files, you'd build against a static
> libgeotiff with incode epsg tables, so, you'd have a single static binary
> and no other files.
>
> It's selected by a configure-time switch

Thanks for your quick reply. I was just starting to figure this out.
It turned out that the reason I couldn't find the GCS was an earlier failure
where it couldn't find the datum.csv files.
It's all starting to make sense now. Thank you.

Now I need to go figure out who messed with the configure options on my
side. :-)