[Geotiff] how to keep coordinates after modifying a geotiff

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 14 17:50:54 PDT 2005

On 10/14/05, acid <acid at nchc.org.tw> wrote:
> Hi,
> I use geotiff example GTIFReportACorner() to get the coordinates of 4 corners of geotiff images,
> and I wonder after modifying images,for example,cropping images, how can the coordinates of 4 new corners
>  be obtained?
> Really appreciate your help,

Alison,

The GTIFReportACorner() function in listgeo takes pixel locations
as arguments.  If you wanted to know the corners of a geotiff image
after cropping 20 pixels off the top, bottom and sides you could just
adjust the locations appropriately.

    GTIFReportACorner( gtif, defn, fp_out, "Lower Left", 0.0+20, ysize-20,
                       inv_flag, dec_flag );

Does that help?

Best regards,