[Geotiff] BigTIFF Implementation Project - Seeking One Additional Sponsor

Daniel Denk djdenk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 10:45:45 PST 2006

Thank you for the response, Joris.

As you probably already know, Adobe's Big File Format option allows a user
to save and work with files with virtually unlimited file-size, as long as
they're saved with the .PSB export extension (I don't recall off-hand if the
pixel limitation is still 200,000 x 200,000 for PSB).

To me, it would make logical sense for Adobe to consider integrating
BigTIFF, to allow the end-user an option to save in both formats, adding
value to their own applications. If you could in anyway have the ability to
suggest such support moving forward - I know that I'd be grateful for the
effort.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, a Happy New Year, and all that applies,
Daniel