[Geotiff] Appeal for help with GeoTIFF RFC Process

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 20 05:00:02 PST 2006

Folks,

The NASA Standards Process Group (SPG) has asked me to submit GeoTIFF for
consideration as a community standard for NASA Earth Science Data Systems. I
think this is a great idea because it would solidify the existing
specification and give us a process to improve and extend the spec.

While I have indicated to NASA that I endorse this effort, I have been
unable to find the time necessary to do the necessary paperwork. Thus, I am
appealing to you, the GeoTIFF user and developer communities for help. What
is involved is taking the current spec. and adding the required front matter,
as well as incorporating clarifications. The process is described at:

  http://spg.gsfc.nasa.gov/About/how-to-submit-an-rfc

The process is not as complicated as it might first appear, and I am happy
to play a supporting role.  Please drop me a line if you would be willing
to be editor of such a document.