[Geotiff] SetCSVFilenameHook problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 8 11:38:01 PDT 2006

Paul Guse wrote:
> Hello. I've been using geotiff in a Visual C 6 project and have just
> recently updated to VS2005. In the conversion I grabbed the new compiled
> libraries for geotiff in VWTools.
> The problem I'm having is with calling; SetCSVFilenameHook. It giving me the
> following link error:
> MyProj.obj: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SetCSVFilenameHook.

Paul,

I'm not sure why this would change between VS6 and VS2005.  I assume when
you wrote VWTools, you mean FWTools?

The libgeotiff cpl_serv.h #defines SetCSVFilenameHook() to
gtSetCSVFilenameHook() in an effort to disambiguate it from the
same function in GDAL.  I suspect you are getting the wrong include
file or something.

I would suggest ensuring you are linking against geotiff_i.lib and that
you explicitly call gtSetCSVFilenameHook().  Hopefully that will work.
Alternatively, #including cpl_serv.h may help.

Best regards,