[Geotiff] Re: libgeotiff 1.2.3 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 6 12:02:56 PST 2006

Harley P. Parks wrote:
> You asked: "Do you really use the built-in .c tables instead of the .csv
> files?"
>
> I don't know if libgeotiff uses the .inc, csv or the .c tables. I assumed
> the .inc and .c tables were being compiled into the executables.
>
> Does libgeotiff use the csv tables when it's time to compile? Does
> libgeotiff use the *.inc tables? If so, I could just change the definitions
> of datums, projections, and coordinate systems that I need to match what is
> in the csv tables so I can re-compile listgeo and geotifcp.

Harley,

By default libgeotiff is built to read the .csv files at runtime.  An
alternative is to build the .c files with the table information into
the DLL/exe and then no runtime access to the csv files is needed.
The .inc files are always compiled it, but basically just supply
"macro names" to go with the various codes.

Best regards,