[Geotiff] processing no data in GeoTIFF

Rainer Spittel rainer.spittel at terralink.co.nz
Tue Mar 21 19:16:04 PST 2006

Hi there,

  I am totally new in this forum and I am just a GeoTIFF user. Now I have to
process GeoTIFF imagery and have some general problems.

  I have to process a number of tiles and have to identify no data areas.
The TIFF images are 24BIT and the "no data" area is a black and a WHITE area
in a tile.

  I would like to identify all tiles (filenames), which have a cluster of at
least 4 pixels in one (white) or the other (black) color.

  I tried to find a way using gdal, but was not successfully. May somebody
has an idea to process the GeoTIFF imagery.

Cheers

rainer spittel