[Geotiff] libgeotiff-1.2.3 ignores datarootdir

Taurnil Oronar taurnil.oronar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 06:03:49 PDT 2006

Using "./configure --prefix=/usr"  config.status issues a warning that
"Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting". Then during
the make, the warning is issued again. Then during make install,
everything gets thrown into /usr/local . This was not a problem with
libgeotiff-1.2.2.

This was noticed when trying to run qgis and it would not start
because libgeotiff.so could not be found. Yes I do not have /usr/local
in my path (nor do I want that). I suppose a symlink or two could fix
this but I'd rather not go that route.

Thanks
--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.