[Geotiff] About EPSG csv files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Sep 27 13:09:13 PDT 2006

Eric - wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have several software that use CSV files available on
> remotesensing.org/geotiff/pub <http://remotesensing.org/geotiff/pub> web
> site. But these files does not seem to be up to date with EPSG dataset
> (actually 6.11, august 2006).
>
> My problem is that the structure of the EPSG base 6.11 is different from
> CSV files (1999 !).
>
> Is there a simple way to update CSV files of my softwares or is exist
> new CSV files ?
>
> I hope I'm clear and someone can give me a solution...

Eric,

New libgeotiff releases often include updated EPSG support files for
the "normalization" capability.  This is distinct from the .inc files
with name/number relationships originally published back circa 1995 and
never updated.

The CVS version of libgeotiff includes .csv files for EPSG 6.11.

I am not sure how much the .csv structure has changed in 1999, but to
the extent this occurs it is because epsg changes the database structure.
I don't know how interchangable different version will be.

Best regards,