[Geotiff] deskewing

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Tue Jan 16 21:22:40 PST 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is there an easy utility (linux commandline preferable, but windows
>> OK) to de-skew a geo-referenced scanned map?
>> Typically the TFW files look like this:
>>
>> 0.317469
>> 0.001049
>> 0.000994
>> -0.317666
>> -19902.462151
>> -3208549.358736
>>

>> Why is the row-rotation different from the column rotation?
>
> Zoltan,
>
> The gdalwarp utility will produce a nice "north up" image from a rotated
> or skewed tiff+world (or geotiff).
>
> eg.
>
> gdalwarp skewed_input.tif northup_output.tif
Frank,
 From me you get one BIG FAT juicy smile :-)

Thanks also to Cody for he reminder of what the 6 terms represent. If
anyone missed his post, drop me an email and I'll re-post it.

Thanks all,

> The FWTools suite includes the gdalwarp command.
>
>   http://fwtools.maptools.org/
>
> Best regards,

Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 31255, Tokai 7966, South Africa.

B3-106 Tokai Village, cnr Vans/Tokai Rds,
Tokai 7945, Western Cape, South Africa.

Tel: +27-21-7154329  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323