[Geotiff] failed compile on FreeBSD

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 20 09:09:36 PDT 2008

Michael Harnois wrote:
> libgeotiff 1.2.5 won't compile on my FreeBSD amd64 system (the prior
> version did). Whether using the port or building from CVS, the error is
> the same:
>
> In file included from listgeo.c:12:
> ../geo_simpletags.h:38: error: expected ')' before '*' token
> listgeo.c: In function 'main':
> listgeo.c:92: warning: implicit declaration of function 'GTIFNewSimpleTags'
> listgeo.c:92: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
>
> Ideas? Thanks.

Michael,

I looked into this, and couldn't see any obvious reason things would fail.
Possibly old libgeotiff headers are being picked up at compile time somehow?

What version of gcc are you using?  I'm using 4.1.3 without even any warnings
on the above files.

I'm keen to get this fixed in CVS, so let me know if you find a solution.  If
you can offer a temporary ssh logic I'd be willing to try and build it myself
on your system and work through the issue.

Best regards,