Re [Geotiff] GeoTIFF Tags for Coordinate Transformations

noel khan noel.khan at rdmd.ocgov.com
Wed Jan 2 18:50:07 PST 2008

FYI,

The problem was that I glossed over section 2.3 of the GeoTIFF spec, which
emphatically stated that the IEEE 'double' data-type had to be supported. I
just assumed that the bit-representation of 'double' values was similar to
that of other standard-TIFF data types, except that double's had 64 bits.
Education is  expensive.

Now having read the (wiki page on the) IEEE-754 spec and implemented code to
decode/encode the same, my program is now reporting the correct values for
ModelPixelScaleTag and ModelTiepointTag. Yea for me!

To others who are, or will, write a low level library based on any spec,
mind the data-types!

Noel