[Geotiff] please help me it is very urgent.

Rob Comer Rob.Comer at mathworks.com
Thu Jan 24 18:54:25 PST 2008

Hi Dibyendu,

You can get the northing and easting if you place the image into a figure using the MAPSHOW function and the referencing matrix returned by GEOTIFFREAD.  This will set the XData and YData of the image to correspond to map coordinates rather than default image coordinates.  For example,

>> [A,R,bbox] = geotiffread('boston.tif');
>> mapshow(A,R)
>> pixval on

(Actually, you should use IMPIXELINFO instead of PIXVAL, if you have it, but I'm not sure offhand if it's part of R2006a or if it came later.)

Regards,
Rob Comer