[Geotiff] GeoTIFF - unsupported PCS

Oxenstierna Andreas Andreas.Oxenstierna at sweco.se
Mon Jul 14 01:22:03 PDT 2008

We are working with images over Estonia and tried to make GeoServer use an ImageMosaic of GeoTIFFs.
However, we found out that GeoTIFF does not support the "new" Estonian Coordinate System from 1997:
ProjectedCSTypeGeoKey (Short,1): PCS_Estonian_Coordinate_System_of_1997
The file epsg_pcs.inc only includes the older Estonian PCS from 1992.

How is the status of GeoTIFF with "new" CRS? When looking into epsg_pcs.inc the latest entry seems to be several years old.

In Sweden we have a new geodetic system, SWEREF, which is not included as well.
It is vacation in Sweden. I will contact the Swedish Land Survey in this matter when relevant people is back.
We will also do work in the other Baltic countries and assume we will run into the same issue there.

Is it possible to just update epsg_pcs.inc (and epsg_gcs.inc etc.) with needed CS's and recompile libgeotiff?

Best Regards

________________________________

Andreas Oxenstierna

Telefon direkt 040-16 70 17