[Geotiff] GeoTIFF Examiner

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at 3dnature.com
Mon Jan 12 09:15:25 PST 2009

  It has been brought to my attention that Mentor Software, makers of (among other things)
the highly useful GeoTIFF Examiner utility for Windows, has been bought by AutoDesk and
their site is now gone. This means one cannot download GTE anymore.

  I still have a copy of GeoTIFF examiner, but I don't think it's legal for me to
redistribute it at this point. However, it's a real bummer that it will no longer be
available.

  Does anyone here have any insight on who might be in charge of this property now? I've
dealt with AutoDesk before, and they are so large as to be very frustrating to start "at
the front door". I'd like to seek approval from them to provide a mirror where users can
download GTE once again.

  Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
     Chris 'Xenon' Hanson | Xenon @ 3D Nature | http://www.3DNature.com/
 "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs,