[Geotiff] Projecting coordinates to Albers Equal-Area Conic

Blake Willmarth bwillmarth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:06:05 PDT 2009

Hi all, I'm new to geoprocessing and C in general.

The Plan: Get coordinates from a shapefile and look up their values in a
geotiff image. Both use datum GCS_NAD83, the tiff is projected in Albers
Equal-Area Conic (both use ellipsoid GRS 1980).

The problem is the coordinates are coming out in degrees and I need to
project them to Albers meters in order to look up the tiles - it's simply(?)
a matter of converting the units. Is there a way to do this in libgeotiff or
do I have to use another library, such as PROJ.4?

Thank you for your time.

Blake