[Geotiff] Libgeotiff 1.3.0 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun May 9 14:42:45 PDT 2010

Folks,

A couple months ago I prepared a libgeotiff 1.3.0RC2 and indicated if there
were no issues, I'd promote it to 1.3.0 final.  I neglected to follow up on
that, but have finally done so.  So the new release is at:

   http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.3.0.tar.gz
   http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.3.0.zip

The ChangeLog entries are below, but the essential items are:

  1) Updated to EPSG 7.1 database.
  2) Upgrade to use full automake/libtool/autoconf suite of tools.

ChangeLog:

2010-01-12  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* Preparing 1.3.0 release.

	* csv/*.c, cpl_csv_incode.c, geo_incode_defs.h, Makefile.am: rename
	defs.h to geo_incode_defs.h and include it in distribution so incode
	table support will work out of the box.

2010-01-07  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geo_names.c: ensure that VerticalUnitsGeoKey works properly.

	* geo_write.c: switch SortKeys() to a simple bubble sort so we don't
	end up crashing when rewriting screwn geotiff tag sets with
	duplicate geokeys (like some LAS files with multiple zero dummy tags)

	* geo_new.c: resize short and double arrays bigger when reading
	from an existing file to ensure we can update and add keys later.

2010-01-03  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* Makefile.am: set versioninfo to 2:0:0 as required by the change for
	1.3.0 in the ABI due to change of size of GTIFDefn structure.
	(#19, GDAL #3309)

2009-12-30  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geo_new.c: fix computation of ascii key length introduced in past
	fix a few months ago that was breaking the GTIFImport() logic.  (#14)

2009-11-11  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geo_normalize.c: Recognise 9841 and 1024 projection methods as
	CT_Mercator: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3217

2009-10-19  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* csv/{gcs,pcs}.override.csv: Add comments on where the master lives
	and incorporate COORD_SYS_CODE and Pulkovo 1942 GCS.

2009-09-24  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geotiff_proj4.c: fix parameter mapping to proj4. for equirectangular
	per http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2706

	* autogen.sh: adjust to avoid version conflicts (#10).

	* geo_normalize.c/h, geotiff_proj4.c: Added DefnSet to GTIFDefn so
	it can be properly established if a definition was set or if there
	were no geokeys (#12).  Corrects serious interim bug in geotiff_proj4.c

	* geo_new.c: avoid buffer overrun on corrupt input file (#14).

	* geo_print.c: Improve the precision when formatting values (#13).

2009-06-05  Paul Ramsey

	* csv: Update the EPSG csv files to the 7.1 release of the database.

2009-06-03  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geo_normalize.c: add support for LAEA, as contributed by EvenR.
	http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3016

2009-05-20  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* csv/add_esri_column.py, csv/esri_datum_override.csv: Added a bunch
	of manual ESRI datum name overrides - related to GDAL r17058.

2009-05-18  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* COPYING: remove inadvertent GPL license, refer to LICENSE file.

2009-05-03  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geo_print.c: Use %s format string in fprintf for arbitrary messages.
	http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2976

2009-04-22  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geo_normalizec: Do not call CSVDeaccess() by default in getdefn -
	leave it to the application.

	* Remove all the $Log logs.

2009-04-03  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geotiff_proj4.c: fix case for setting LCC 2SP GeoTIFF from proj.4.

2009-02-23  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* *.c, *.h: Include appropriate copyright messages where missing (#8).

	* geotiff_proj4.c: Fix some buffer overflow holes (#9).

2009-02-18  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geo_simpletags.c: compute "count" for ascii tag values.

2008-12-29  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geo_normalize.c: Optimizations to avoid opening CSV files for
	"well known" definitions. (#4).

	* geotiff_proj4.c: Reduce change of szUnits overflow (#3).

2008-11-27  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* geo_normalize.c: Introduce support for StdParallel1 in
	Equirectangular (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2706)

2008-11-12  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* bin/applygeo.c: New utility for applying georeferencing to an
	existing file (written by jeskynar at hotmail.com and myself).

2008-10-24  Frank Warmerdam  <warmerdam at pobox.com>

	* bin/listgeo.c: Improve tfw error reporting and user hints (#2)