[Geotiff] GeoTIFF geographic grid alignment

David Burken dburken at comcast.net
Fri May 14 01:03:14 PDT 2010

Max, Tim,

If your tie upper left corner of the pixel (AREA) and relative to an
Easting Northing of (10,000, 10,000) and your pixel scale is (100, 100)
meters then to convert to point (center) it would be:

Move the Easting 50 meters to the east or right ( +.5 pixel)

Move the Northing 50 meters to the South or down ( -.5 pixel)

So doing ( -.5, -5 ) is wrong in a map projection.

We actually did a drawing of this on ossim.org to show the error when
ignored but I cannot find it. Sorry.

Hope that helps,
Dave