[Geotiff] error building libtiff from svn

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 12 13:43:10 PDT 2010

David Burken wrote:
>  Hi Frank,
>
> Just fyi was getting build error with latest libgeotiff from svn.
>
> libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libgeotiff.la" && ln -s
> "../libgeotiff.la" "libgeotiff.la" )
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `csv/codes.csv', needed by
> `all-am'.  Stop.
>
> Copied "codes.csv" from an old install to csv dir and build good.

Dave,

I can't see any reference to codes.csv in Makefile.am or anywhere in
the libgeotiff directory for that matter.

warmerda at gdal64[190]% pwd
/wrk/home/warmerda/libgeotiff
warmerda at gdal64[191]% grep codes.csv *
warmerda at gdal64[192]%

In particular, I have no csv/codes.csv in dist_csv_DATA in the
Makefile.am.

Is it possible you have an old makefile or are working from a tag or
branch?  You may need to run autogen.sh manually to regenerate the
Makefile.in, etc.

In particular, I have no csv/codes.csv in dist_csv_DATA in the

Best regards,