[Geotiff] georectifying an image

Ted Florence ted at avenza.com
Tue Oct 19 05:29:27 PDT 2010

One very easy way to do this is by way of the Geographic Imager plugin
for Adobe Photoshop.
If you have the plugin (and Photoshop) you can do all kinds of spatial
things with imagery inside Photoshop including referencing and exporting
a geotiff.
Have a look at www.geographicimager.com

Pete Flugstad wrote:
> I would like to georectify a group of images I have (bmps).  I have
> the lat/lon for each corner
> of the images.  I have tried to use gdal_translate to do this and it
> seems to work, however
> the viewing utility I'm using (OpenMap), wants tiepoints in the
> resulting geotiff to load it
> properly.  Are tie points the same thing as GCPs?  It looks like I can
> attach those by
> adding gcp's to the image, possibly using gdal_translate  Is there a
> better way to do that?
> Do I need to use gdal_warp when I'm done?
>
> One problem I'm seeing is that the -gcp flag to gdal_translate wants
> northing/easting values,
> but I have the corner lat/long's.  Is there a way to translate
> lat/long to n/e values?
>
> Thanks,
> Pete

Ted Florence
ted at avenza.com

New app for iPad/iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/avenza-pdf-maps/id388424049?mt=8#

MAPublisher® 8.3 for Adobe® Illustrator® is now available with support for Adobe Illustrator CS5 and many other exciting new features.

Collision-free, rule-based text placement now available with MAPublisher LabelPro™

Order your copy today at http://www.avenza.com/purchase

MAPublisher® - When Map Quality Matters®
Avenza Systems (416) 487-5116 http://www.avenza.com